Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A Day At Pasport Office : Pune

Entire day at passport office...

Can you imagine... Yes I spent entire 21Nov06(9:30AM to 5:30PM) at Passport Office Pune

9:30 AM : I went to passport office. Arvind my teammate was already there. We were in queue till 10:20 AM.

10:30 AM: Got a chance to see HONORABLE Mr. P.R.O. Mr. JAIKUMAR (Later I came to know he is Superintendent). He told Arvind that his passport is already posted and he will soon receive it.

10:40 AM: PRO wrote my passport file number on a paper and told me to sit outside. He said he will call me once they find my file.

11:30 AM: Folks rushing to see PRO. And we all were standing there in Q. The guard there repeatedly telling us to go back and sit. and No seat was vacant there. So I exchanged some heat with him after his 5th time advice to go back and sit.

12:30 PM: By now the persons who were standing out for their call, increased to more than 50. We were desperate by this time because they have lunch time at 1:30 PM.

1:20 PM: Time is approaching to lunch time so we rushed(by now we were 20+ who were still waiting for there call) inside to know the status of our passport applications. PRO again noted the numbers from all of us and He played a trick he told us to meet at 3:30PM after lunch time and meticulously wrote 3:30 on everyone's passport receipt.

1:45 PM: Called PK and told him that it would be difficult for me to be at office because of this passport related suffering.

3:00 PM: Had lunch and phoned Shrikant and told that I will not be coming to office. then I went to a nearby temple to sit there for few minutes as 30 minutes were remaining. Soon I heard the word "Passport"... I looked around, an uncle (I have seen this man in the morning Q) age around 55+ was also there talking with some folks.

3:20 PM: Went inside. Again waiting for the call.

4:00 PM: PRO didn't showed up. And the guard kept telling that he is coming...

4:15 PM: We all 20+ went upstairs, crossing all the cubicles to his place. All officers were looking at us. PRO was also startled to look at all of us above and told us to wait downstairs and that he is coming soon.

4:20 PM: At last PRO came down with a assistant. They started searching files and resolving the issues.

5:20 PM: PRO went upstairs. I too went upstairs. The assistant was also upstairs holding my passport application. He passed the application to PRO. I told him my scenario (no bribe). and PRO finally told me to sign on my passport application form.
There I saw the first Police Report(sent by Mr. Patole of Deccan Police Station) dated 30-12-2005. He is a ***** moron who wrote that I am residing at my place from 9 months only.

5:25 PM:
Manish: Ok Sir, So by what time I should expect my passport.
Jaikumar: We will send it in 5,6 days after attaching the report.
Manish: Thank you sir.


And When I came out of the office, there I saw Mr. Pardesi, He is the same fellow who works at Passport Verification Branch, Police Aayuktalaya Pune. AND TO MY HORROR he called me by my full name. They meet thousands of people everyday, but I was astonished to hear my name from his ***** mouth. He is the same person who first asked me to give Rs 600 and later Rs 100 for giving outward number. Both times I ditched him. and Today when we exchanged glances and he called me by my name , I DITCHED HIM again. Didn't paid any heed to him and walked straight down my way. He kept calling, he was with other officers, he might have felt ashamed of himself. Let him go to hell.

So Let's hope...I have 5,6 days more to hope for the most hopeless thing.

No comments: